Wednesday, April 09, 2008

discovery

Last week had been a pretty busy week and then Friday I went to a ladies retreat while Joshua went on a boys camp-out. So by Sunday afternoon we decided it was time to do something fun together. I decided I wanted to make oatmeal raisin cookies. As we pulled out our baking ingredients, we realized that we didn't have any eggs. Not one to be deterred so quickly, I searched online for a vegan recipe (since they don't use dairy products) and found some for oatmeal raisin cookies. It turns out you can substitute mashed bananas for eggs. How cool is that?

And the result? Absolutely delicious! Couldn't tell!

Now, we didn't follow the vegan recipe exactly because we used butter (the recipe called for applesauce). But I think it was a pretty cool discovery.

1 comment:

Jesse said...

Ohhhh good tip. So what would happen if you didnt have bananas? I guess you are a good healthy person and you keep them on hand.

Thanks for sharing!