Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Absent

I know I've been absent from blogworld. It's been an interesting time for me. In some ways a dry time, in some ways a wondering time, in many ways a restless time.

The transition has been a hard one for me. I've gone from being in school, working part-time, doing 2 counseling internship, and being involved in our church (all at the same time) to no school, no job, no counseling, no home church, no friends. Very abruptly it all ended. And then I was in a new place with a new house to organize and a new town to learn. Not to mention a new baby on the way.

Talk about culture shock. It's a blessing to be able to stay home while my husband provides for us. And yet I haven't been able to fully rest in it because my spirit has been so restless. Not that I haven't had fun or been happy - I have. There just have been a lot of sudden changes.

I'm now involved in a bible study and we have found a church. I have started making friends. Our house is basically set up and the nursery is on the way to being finished. I'm finding my way around town and do enjoy free time. But it hasn't been easy.

The lack of human interaction has been the most difficult thing for me. I found myself without motivation to do the tasks I had set for myself that day. I found myself discouraged and irritable. I found myself wondering Who am I and What is my life to look like now?

And that's why I've been more absent these days. I've also been absent from my own reflections on what's going on. I think it's changing - I reached a break-point and I think it's changing. I've wanted to write posts and had imagined what I could with more free time. And then nothing came. But I think that's changing.

So for those of you who still check this blog and are still interested in hearing from us, thanks. I'd like to say that I'm learning all these things that I'll share with you soon. But really I'm just looking forward to being restful and peaceful instead of restless and anxious. It's coming.

1 comment:

Jesse said...

Sarah,
Thanks for being honest about this change in your life. A major change in your life will always bring about new feelings and adjustments...and you have had SEVERAL MAJOR CHANGES all at once. There was bound to be adjustments.

I'm so thankful that you are slowly but surely getting involved, meeting people, joining a church and bible study, etc. Those things are so important. I know people here- I have lived here forever- but working from home, I still have a tendancy to isolate. It is hard. God created us with a need and a desire for human interaction. We need people. I will continue to pray tha God brings special people into yall's life in Kerrville- people who you laugh with, cry with, share your joys, and your sorrows.

Love ya girl, and I think about you all the time.
(I actually had a dream about you, Shelley, and I last week! It was so fun hanging out in my dream!!)