Sunday, June 08, 2008

Salsa!

The birthday celebration continues! I really wanted to go salsa dancing for my birthday. I knew I wouldn't find anything for Wednesday night, of course, so I had been looking for Friday or Saturday. Anyways, after following several links, I found out that at the Nasher Sculpture Garden in Dallas (at the Nasher art Museum) they have summer concerts. And last night was a salsa band! How cool is that! So we went!The concert was outside in the sculpture garden. They had a stage and sound system set up for the band. People brought their blankets to sit out on the lawn and listen to the music. And there was a space to dance in front of the stage on the grass. You can sure bet we danced! We had such a great time! We danced and danced. There was a photographer from the Nasher there to take pictures of the event for their publication and he asked to take pictures of us while we were dancing! haha!
Of course, I don't have any pictures of us dancing, but here are a few we took.
This one we set the automatic timer on the camera and the only surface we had was on the bench. But it makes for a good view of my shoes! =)

Like I said, we had a blast! We were hot, sweaty, and tired when we left - which means it was a good night dancing.

1 comment:

Jesse said...

What a FUN night!

(And I LOVE your shoes...hehe)