Friday, May 02, 2008

It is moments like this that I wish I were not such a planner.

It would be nice to be an easy-going, take-it-as-it-comes kind of person. I try really hard to be like that sometimes, but it's not working right now. And I have to work hard at it. Planning has it's advantages - things get done, schedules get figured out, people get places.

However, at this moment I'm a bit overwhelmed. I'm doing two internships this summer. I've been trying to get my hours at each location and figure out when I'm doing what. And it's not easy. Probably I will have to figure it out completely once I start. But I would like to know more right now! One of my supervisors is hard to get in touch with and at the other location I already have clients with set times. So that means I have limited flexibility at one place and little information from the other. Not good for planning.

It takes much effort for me to remind myself to trust God in what He has planned for me. I do trust Him - but sometimes it takes all my strength. I just want everything set up and perfect. You would think I would have learned by now that it doesn't work that way!

So I'm trying not to stress. Trying to take one day at a time. Trying to be patient and wait until I can talk in person with people. And hoping that I don't let anyone down or overwhelm myself with too much work.

Not a restful time for an overachiever!

No comments: