Friday, February 15, 2008

I've been reading Queen Noor's (the queen of Jordan) autobiography, Leap of Faith. It has been very interesting. I have to admit that I don't know much about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict or for that matter much about the conflicts that have occurred in the past 30 years in the Middle East. It has been interesting reading about it from her perspective and reading about what her husband, King Hussein, tried to accomplish. (Not Saddam Hussein, King Hussein of Jordan). So now I am very curious about reading other perspectives to have a more well-rounded idea of the situation. So if anyone has any suggestions of other books to read, let me know.

Queen Noor is an American from Arab-American descent who married King Hussein in 1978 and became the Queen of Jordan. She converted to Islam right before her marriage. She worked to improve the situations of poverty, nature conservation, and increasing education and the natural resources and arts of Jordan. She was King Hussein's fourth wife. They had 4 kids together and then with all the other stepchildren, they had like 14 kids. King Hussein passed away from cancer in 1998 or 1999 (my book is upstairs).

Anyways, that is a little bit about what I am reading these days. That and textbooks and books for understanding how to help my clients in counseling. I think I'm reading about 6 books right now. And I love reading, so it's all good!

No comments: