Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving

This year Josh and I hosted Thanksgiving and our families came to us! It was so fun to have everyone in our house! The food was delicious and just about everyone had some sort of contribution to the meal. Then, just after we had finished eating, it started snowing! Big flakes! It didn't stick to the ground of course, but we all ran outside to take pictures. What a great Thanksgiving surprise!You can kind of see the flakes in our hair and falling down. From the left: Justin (Laurie's boyfriend), Laurie (Josh's sister), my mom, Matthew (my bro), Nila (a friend from church), my dad, Joshua, and me!
Here are the grandkids with Mamaw! We are so glad she could come spend Thanksgiving with us. We enjoy her being around.

After dessert we had a long game of Cranium turbo edition. Everyone got to laugh and I think everyone made a fool of themselves at one point or another. The worst activity in this game is when the whole team has to spell a word backwards by alternating letters. Makes even intelligent people seem dumb...

It was so great to be with our families and we are so blessed to have families who are willing to travel to see us. It was fun to cook and plan food for them and decorate the house. We got to use all our china dishes, too!

We have much to be thankful for...

1 comment:

Jesse said...

You go girl! I'm so impressed that you hosted Thanksgiving! Way to go!

I hope you had a good time, and were not completely exhausted when it was over. :)

Good look finishing up the semester. I know you will be looking forward to the break.