Tuesday, October 24, 2006

S'mores?


So Thursday night, after a great dinner of barbecued chicken (grilled to perfection by Joshua the chef), I was really wanting something sweet. Actually, cookies to be exact, which we didn't have. Then I found a bag of marshmallows in the pantry and realized that with the coals still being hot, we could probably make s'mores...without chocolate or grahams...so just marshmallows. Undeterred, I put on a long-sleeved pullover (because it was a bit chilly) and ran outside.
However, my adventurous dessert plans did have the desired result.

The marshmallows had spent too many nights in the pantry and were unacceptably tough. We tried to toast them, but to no avail.


We had fun with the attempt, though!

Then afterwards, my thoughtful husband made us brownies.
Yumm, that hit the spot.


I tried to capture the moment with a spontaneous photo of the two of us.Unfortunately, Joshua looked drugged in just about every one I took, so I'll spare you the rest!

1 comment:

Jesse said...

Yum! S'mores sound so good, and now you have me in the mood for them...might have to take a trip to the grocery store!
Thanks for sharing the fun idea!