Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Tis the Season to be busy!

Could I be more absent from this blog?  I have such good intentions for all the projects I can do (Susie Homemaker, if you please), the books I can read, and the general up-keep of my family.  But you know the drill -- those often stay as intentions. 

Things are pretty busy around here these days.  Kate is a do-it-herself kind of girl.  Sometimes that has mixed results.  Today she helped me put away the laundry by grabbing one article of clothing from the laundry basket in the kitchen and dragging it across the house to the appropriate bedroom.  In her room, articles of clothing were deposited in her laundry basket (which I had to retrieve promptly to remember which were clean and which were dirty) and in my room they were piled on the closet floor. 


She sleeps in a big girl bed now and happily helped Daddy take down her little bed. She sleeps on the trundle bed under this one and LOVES it!

James Cooper Seefeldt (our baby boy) is growing and active.  He already kicks his mama hard enough to hurt.  Other than that, everything is running smoothly with the pregnancy.  His room is still a disaster zone as we are using it as a storage and holding tank right now.  But he's comfortable enough for now.

Kate knows her baby brother's name and has gotten to feel him kick.  What all that possibly means to her, I have no idea.  But so far she's on board. 

We have some other interesting developments which I will share later.

Oh, and I got to do a 6 month photo shoot for a friend and her daughter.  So fun!  Hop over to my photography blog to check those out!

1 comment:

Jesse said...

I LOVE his name! Perfect. I also got your Christmas card the other day, and just had to tell you Ryleigh's reaction! She was looking through the cards and asked, "Mommy, who is that girl?" And I said, "That is Kate! She is Mommy's friend's daughter." Ryleigh kind of frowned and said, "but I dont know her...and she is cute!" As if to tell me, Mom, you know I'm supposed to know all cute girls!! Haha. Anyway, we would love to see you all sometime and catch up! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas with your beautiful, growing family. Love and hugs!