Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Deck the Mantle with Christmas Cards!

Happy December!


I guess it's time to start thinking about Christmas cards.  Yeah, don't tell me you already have yours done and in the mail.  Figures.  Overachievers!  We still need to get our Christmas decorations out of the attic.  I didn't think I was behind until I saw houses already decorated.  Traveling for Thanksgiving apparently puts you behind in the "decorating in Christmas" festivities.

I was just looking on Shutterfly and they have lots of new cards this year.   I like the folded ones where you can write a story inside about your family and share multiple pictures there.
Click here for an example
Or this one, where you have lots of pictures on the front and a big one inside with your story.
Click here
I think the story idea is such a nice touch.  Josh and I always try to cram in as much as we can because we love to share life and the Good News of the season with those we send our cards to. 

Usually I have gotten the flat ones from Shutterfly with one or a few pictures and just enough room to write something small.  They have always turned out really nicely.  There are new designs this year that are really cute. I love how many different designs they have!  Check them out!

I'm looking forward to trying something new.  Ambitious, I know.  But I've had good results in the past - from ease of creating the card, to fast delivery, to great end product. 

Now I just need to get a nice picture of the family.

And maybe in 2011 I'll get my act together enough to get some birth announcements for our little guy. Shutterfly has some pretty options and I'm sure that would make it easy for a newly mom of two to handle.  

No comments: