Wednesday, October 08, 2008

My friend Song

If you read a previous post about baking a cake from scratch with Song, then you have already had a small introduction to my friend. Song is from China and has been here studying at UTA while her husband works in research there. She and I became friends this summer and have been able to spend time together about every other week.

I think it was in June that Song told me that she was pregnant. She had just found out that she was having a girl and she and her husband were very excited. A few weeks later she and I were hanging out and she asked me when I was going to have a baby. At that point I didn't know I was pregnant (I found out about 2 days later) and so I told her that I didn't know. She told me that she thinks being pregnant is a wonderful thing and she wanted me to be able to experience it. She said it is like when you want your single friends to be married so that they can experience how wonderful marriage is. It was very sweet to me to hear her talk like that and to wish something so special for me. And a few days later I found out I was pregnant.

Last week Song delivered her baby girl. We have talked on the phone a couple times since then and I can't wait to see her and meet her baby. It has been a blessing to know her during this time in both our lives and I know God led me to this friendship for many reasons.

Thank you, Song, for your friendship.

3 comments:

Shanna said...

What a neat friend! I'm so glad you've had this opportunity to get to know Song. How are things at SafeHaven? Hope you all are doing well! --Shanna

Jesse said...

I'm so glad you have found a good friend in Song, and congratulations to her on her new little addition.

PS: I will call you back this afternoon. We were at the A&M game yesterday, watching us get our booties kicked. =)

Unknown said...

Thank you too,Sarah.I am so pround to be a friend of you;)