Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Tribute to Joshua

Since Joshua's 25th birthday is Saturday, I thought I would let you all know what a wonderful man God had given me for a husband.
Joshua is a man steadily seeking after the Lord and actively pursuing the calling he has heard for his life. Not only is he diligent and persistent in his studies, but he also goes to work and provides for us, even when that means late nights doing homework. He is very talented at what he does and yet so humble you would not guess how good he is at it.
Joshua is generous with his resources and our money, understanding that it is not ours to hoard but ours to give, and yet wise to know that he should be responsible to take care of his family. He is generous with his time and willing to help me out whenever I need it, even when that means doing the stinky chores.
He serves willingly behind the scenes, doing whatever needs to be done. Many times long after I would have let someone else do it.
He teaches 5th and 6th grade boys on Sundays, not because it's always his favorite thing, but because he knows they need a man to teach them and invest in them.
He listens to me ramble, vent, complain, do mental gymnastics and crazy planning for our future. He prays for us and for our families.
He is adamant about sharing the truth of God and making sure that the truth gets said.
He longs to serve God in the nations, using his talents and skills to benefit those who have less than we do. And he is patient to know that we need this time of equipping, even when it seems like forever.
He inspired me to not grow weary, but to continue to run the race set out for me, and to continue to be conformed to the image of Christ.
He's my best friend...and the best I could ever hope for.
And he makes good coffee.Thank you, Lord God, for my incredible husband.

1 comment:

Jesse said...

Sarah, thank you for the glimpse into the man you love. Josh is truly a gem, and I know you are so thankful for all he is in your life. We are so blessed to have Godly husbands, and it is easy to take it for granted some times. :)
I'm always thankful when birthdays come around so we stop and really take note of the special man in our lives. This is a beautiful tribute.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOSH! :)