Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Birthday and Banquet

So I talked to a sweet friend last week and I was reminded that people do read this blog and I need to keep it updated...at least every so often. So here's an update.

Friday night we got to hang out with some of my friends from seminary. We went downtown Fort Worth to celebrate Scott's birthday at PF Chang's. They are a great group of friends and we had a good time.This is Scott with his chocolate birthday cake slice. The waitress brought extra forks and we all had a bite. Yum!Downtown is all lit up at night with these Christmas lights. We just had to stop and take a picture! Gotta love the "one way" sign in the back.On Saturday we did homework all morning. That evening I got to go to the Arlington Pregnancy Center's annual banquet. My home group leader, Carol, volunteers there and had a table at the banquet this year. So she invited the girls from our home group to go with her. It was a beautiful event. The food was delicious and we got to hear testimonies of lives changed. They had a silent auction at the end, but of course everything was out of our price range! We stayed for a little while and the item that people bidded the highest on was a 6 week old chocolate lab puppy! This is the group of us at our table. We all got to dress up and look pretty!
The theme for the banquet was "Crowns of Righteousness" so they had a little crown at each person's place setting. We thought they were kind of goofy, but I had the girls pose with them anyways.

Well, I think that's that for now. I'm off to go walk the dog. Have a great day!

No comments: