Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Josh!

Today is Joshua's 27th birthday! Yay!

We surprised Josh on Saturday evening for a birthday dinner with the family. Josh had no idea, which was great because he often finds out my surprises. I had made him a cake on Friday afternoon, which turned into a major project. The first one I made fell apart as I took it out of the pan. I tried surgery to no avail. I had to call Josh's mom, who was at the grocery store, to pick up another cake mix for me to try again. Of course, I was racing the clock because I had to get it finished and over to his parents' house before Josh got home from work. I ended up taking the cake layers, frosting, and Kate over to his parents' house to finish there. In the end it was a delicious cake. Success!Kate helped with the first cake. =)

We are going to lunch with his office today and tonight will have a birthday dinner fixed on Josh's new grill. Yum!

1 comment:

Scott & Shelby Peschel said...

Glad I am not the only who has cake that fall apart. I think I would have thrown in the towel with the first one though! Good job!