Monday, August 10, 2009

Adventures in Kerrville, part 3

The choices for eating out just got fewer.

Last night we decided to go out to eat to get out of the house, keep me from cooking, and give Kate some entertainment that did not include me jumping around to goofy kid songs in the attempt to get a smile (she can be a tough crowd sometimes). I suggested somewhere where there would be families and kids for Kate to watch. Josh suggested Quiznos.

We should have taken the hint when we pulled up and there was a sign on the door "For Sale by Owner." Or maybe noticed that most of the chairs were already up on the tables even though the place was supposed to be open for another hour. But no, we proceeded.

The one guy working there was about as unfriendly as they come. I think he was disappointed customers has come in. We are pretty sure that he turned on the toasting oven just before putting our sandwiches in, allowing for enough heat to melt the cheese but not to do a satisfactory job of toasting the sandwiches. He did not ask us what veggies we wanted but merely wrapped up our orders.

We did not stay to eat there. The sandwiches tasted pretty lousy too. I asked Josh if he thought it was worth me complaining about the service to management. He said Quiznos was probably on its way out anyway. Humpf.

Fortunately we found a nice place at the park where they were setting up for a concert to eat our sandwiches and people-watch.

Josh said next time he would take my suggestion. =)

1 comment:

MRBC Children's Ministry said...

I love reading about your life! I read about sweet Kate (who is absolutely adorable!) getting sick. When Jett gets sick for the first time I will call you and have you sing to me! Thanks for sharing your life!