Saturday, April 25, 2009

a little update


Hello blogland! Kate is one month old!
Life with a newborn is a whole new experience! We are loving being parents and dreaming of the day we will sleep for more than 4 hours at a time. Seriously, we really love being Kate's parents and watching her change as she starts to engage with her world a little more. She's a wonderful, beautiful baby. We know we are very blessed.

We have gotten out a little with her. This past week I had to order my bridesmaid dress for my sister-in-law's wedding. So the three of us headed to San Antonio so I could try on and order the dress. Kate mostly stayed in the car with Josh and mostly slept the whole time. I was worried about doing too much with her, so we got something quick to eat and headed back home. She did good and we look forward to being able to take more time in San Antonio with her. She also went with me to a training meeting for the pregnancy center where I might start volunteering once Kate gets a little bigger. She did great! Little by little we are getting used to doing other activities. We have already gone walking at the park twice and several walks around the neighborhood.

Last weekend Josh's dad turned 55 and we had a fun time celebrating at their place. Michael grilled fajitas and veggie kabobs, made guacamole, and his girlfriend Denise made rice and taught Jo Ann how to make some delicious potatoes. Josh and I made the cake. Everything was delicious! Kate slept through most of the celebration.More later

No comments: